3/29/2014

Artwork : Work in progress

Hi everyone! : )

I hope you all had a great week! On my side, it was a very busy week as I've started a job at a new place and it's simply awesome! I'm so in love with this job…!  I'm just a bit sad that spring seems to have pack up his things and left of for a few days… We had a snowstorm here - yes, again… sight - and kindda crappy temperature all week. Hopefully, Spring will be back in April. I can't wait to open up the door to my balcony in my atelier and have some fresh air and sunlight flowing in.

I'm still cleaning up my atelier, but if you guys are curious, I could try and take come pictures once we'll have a bit of sun here in Montreal and my spring clean up will be over. I've recently finished my complete inventory (beads, jewelry, supplies etc…) and I'm super glad that part is over…! It is very very tedious. I'm not too bad with numbers and I'm very organized, it's just that I really don't like doing inventory. But hey, it's part of the game and I usually treat myself with something sweet afterwards so it's worth it. Not to mention it's so much easier to see where you are heading once the inventory is done.

The main reason of my post today if to show you guys one piece I'm currently working on. I don't want to show too much to keep the mystery around that project, but here are some shots of the original drawing. ( I would so much prefer spending my day drawing than making inventory! ;) )


Images under copyright - All rights reserved  ©Kirameku

If you are curious about my artwork process, I create the original sketch with blue Col-Erase pencils. Why blue? Simply because it is an easy colour to touch up and easy to get rid of in photoshop if I ever need to make a digital copy of my artwork. I then use tracing paper to copy the original artwork on my media that will host the final illustration. It could be art boards, canvases, water-colour paper…. you name it.


I want to try a new approach to this piece. I want to have it in 3 difference styles, like a triptych.  I want to create an original inked version in black and white, one in color with my lovely Polychromos Faber Castell pencils and one in ink and watercolour. I can't wait to get enough time in my day to sit down and get to the final stages of this project….! I promise I will be back with more pictures : )

On this everyone, that's pretty much all that is new with Kirameku this week… or almost !
Last but not least, I want to say again congrats to Jenna O. for winning the earrings giveaway! :D

Also, don't forget, our gift certificate giveaway ends in 4 days, make sure to like and comment to enter!
On this everyone, have a grew week-end! :)

* M *

No comments:

Post a Comment